Tuesday, January 20, 2009

JUST OUT FROM THE TOP SELLERS!!!!

jujulee

ok it's not me but I did ask and they did tell.
you can check for yourself here in my last post http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6000219

I first want to thank all of them for taking the time to help us all out. I really hope you all can apreciate what they do for us in the forums.

Here is a list I came up with it is awesome!

1. Pictures, You can always do better keep working them until they work for you.
2. Business cards - send them with every order, take them with you everywhere you go and pass them out. Talk about Etsy it can come up in every conversation you have.
3. Sale outside U.S. most of my personal sales come from outside the U.S. You are losing sales if you don't!!!
4. Re-list often, I quit re-listing because I'm in the jewelry section and their is so many listings I thought we bother. Well the wise say re-list, you want to be near the top of the searches.
5. Think like a buyer, what would get you to buy your items? Price right?, Free gift?, Free shipping? REALLY THINK ABOUT THIS
6. Ship out same day as purchase, customers are excited to get their purchase the sooner the better.
7. Keep the same theme in your shop.
8. Be professional in forums at all times. Being a professional was mentiond many times, You are in a business even if you are in your pajamas behind the computer.
9. Remain teachable and HUMBLE I think that is why the great sellers of etsy are in the forums they are still learning.
10. Great packaging


I hope this helps I know it's helped me I have a lot of pictures to take to start with.

3 comments:

  1. Great list!
    Thanks to all the people who commented to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this list - I'm working on my photo taking and must get more business cards made up to hand out wherever I get the opportunity to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list and I love what your doing with your blog. I just started mine and it's great discovering new artists.

    ReplyDelete